Everything you need to know about Hydrafacial: Hydrafacial 101
HEALTHY SKIN is GLOWING skin. It’s as simple as that. Koreans are known to have beautiful flawless skin. While there are a lot of factors behind it, Korean hydrafacial may be the one treatment your skin needs for that everlasting glow.
So let me tell you: What is Korean Hydrafacial?
The HydraFacial is a multistep facial treatment typically performed with a machine which has different probes for different steps of hydrafacial. In one session, it can be used to cleanse, exfoliate, extract, and deliver a variety of rejuvenating serums. This is followed by hot and cold massages along with radiofrequency energies to lift and firm the skin. The end result: a youthful rejuvenated you!
How is a Korean Hydrafacial different from Hydrafacial MD?
Hydrafacial MD is a brand by itself. Just like you have a phone and you have an i-phone. Hydrafacial MD is the Guru of all Hydrafacial machines. It is the pioneer in hydradermabrasion technology. It uses a patented vortex technology that deeply cleanses your skin of comedones and clears your pores of excessive sebum and skin debris. You can expect deep removal of your blackheads via this technique. It also delivers patented dermatologically tested solutions into your skin. So your skin is cleansed first and then these potent anti-oxidant solutions are delivered into the skin.
Korean Hydrafacial uses the same technology as a hydrafacial MD but has additional probe attached for toning, tightening and firming. The technology of both the machines are the same.
So What’s the difference?
If you are aiming for a pampering session that relaxes and rejuvenates you, opt for Korean hydrafacial. I promise you might end up snoring mid way between the session! Not kidding….
However, if your sole purpose is glowing skin, opt for Hydrafacial MD. The glow is more than a Korean Hydrafacial and it lasts longer too. However, due to lesser probes than a Korean Hydrafacial machine, the procedure is not very elaborate and is usually completed in half an hour, compared to Korean Hydrafacial which can take upto 90 minutes.
Benefits of Getting a HydraFacial
- It can truly deliver “the best skin of your life,”.
- Along with exfoliation, the device delivers active ingredients into the skin. Depending on the specific actives used in the HydraFacial, the treatment can improve hydration, radiance, and even skin texture and pore size.
- This is a treatment that combines microdermabrasion with antioxidant serums, and it is basis of the HydraFacial. Thereby, this facial combines the benefits of microdermabrasion to remove the superficial dead layers as well as anti-oxidant serums that are meant to “detoxify” your skin.
- Regular sessions of hydrafacial leads to fewer fine lines, more cinched pores, and a more even skin tone.
Who are the ideal candidate for Hydrafacial?
Hydrafacial is a very popular red carpet facial amongst Bollywood and Hollywood celebrities. If you have a non-problematic skin, get a hydrafacial done and you will glow like a light bulb! Literally!
Who Should Not Get a HydraFacial and Why
The HydraFacial is mostly appropriate for all skin tones but that’s not always true.
- You should avoid a HydraFacial if you have an active rash, sunburn, active acne or rosacea.
- Pregnant women should also skip it. Some of the ingredients used during the HydraFacial, such as salicylic acid and retinol, haven’t been tested and proven safe during pregnancy.
- We recommend you stop using prescription creams for a few days before the treatment to avoid irritation.
Is HydraFacial better than a standard facial?
First, you can assume that HydraFacial is better than any “facial” mask you buy at a drugstore or online retailer. Because it’s a medical-grade facial, the question is really whether it’s better than other medical grade facial procedures. HydraFacial MD is actually a hydradermabrasion procedure. It provides greater skin rejuvenation than regular dermabrasion or even chemical dermabrasion, but slightly less than non-ablative laser techniques and treatments
Hydradermabrasion not only cleanse and rectifies the skin immediately, it also stimulates the skin to be plumper, fuller, smoother, and more resilient. When you then add the flexibility of adding a customized assortment of skin care additives to the treatment, it is hard to find a traditional facial that can compete with HydraFacial.
WHAT DOES THE PROCESS INVOLVE?
It involves 10 steps:
STEP1: CLEANSING: Dead skin cells are removed.
STEP2: EXTRACTIONS: Painless, automated using vortex suction to clear pores and blackheads
STEP3: HYDRATION: Antioxidants and Hyaluronic acid Vortex fused to nourish and protect
Step 4: EXFOLIATION: To remove unwanted dead layer of skin
Step 5: ULTRASONIC THERAPY: For deeper skin tightening at SMAS level
Step 6: COLD WAVE THERAPY: To reduce redness and deeper penetration of massage creams
Step 7: RADIOFREQUENCY TONING AND TIGHTENING: For firming and lifting the skin
Step 8: OXYJET SPRAY: Infused with Vitamin C, this helps in glow
Step 9: LED TREATMENT: Light therapy that aims at correcting different skin concerns like acne, ageing or pigmentation.
Step 10: COLLAGEN MASK APPLICATION: For relaxing and rejuvenating the skin
What is the aftercare post Treatment
- Immediately after a HydraFacial treatment your skin may appear pink, but will subside within the hour.
- Most clients see results after their first treatment, noticing better skin clarity, enhanced hydration, clearer pores, and softer skin or fine lines.
- Your skin will be more sensitive to sun exposure so a sunscreen with an SPF of 50 or higher is required for a minimum of the first 2 weeks.
At Influennz Clinic, we offer the HydraFacial treatment to help improve the appearance of your skin. This facial uses a patented device to cleanse, exfoliate, and extract impurities from your skin. It also infuses your skin with serums that are designed to hydrate and protect your skin. The HydraFacial treatment is safe for all skin types and can be tailored to address specific concerns such as fine lines, wrinkles, dullness, and uneven texture. The treatment is quick and easy with no downtime, so you can get back to your busy life right away!